Wednesday, January 05, 2005

SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHEN STAYING IN A HOTEL ALONE....

A friend from Bintulu, Malaysia sent this to me and I would like to
share with you all.......

Ladies, u must read this for safety precautions when staying in a hotel.
Please keep in mind when you are travelling and forward to female
friends and colleagues who may travel alone. To the guys, share this
with your sisters and all those women you know. I've always used the
menu which hang outside your doorknob to order breakfast when on
business trips. I was recently staying at a well-known hotel and I
ordered room service for the next day on the flyer-like thing that you
stick outside your door. On this order form, one writes her name, how
many persons will be eating, your room number, time of delivery, etc. I
hung it on the outside of my door for collection - it was a mistake! I
had given someone all the ammunition that he would need. That someone
went to my door-tag.... got my name and room number.... And then told
the front desk that he was my husband (remember my tag showed 1 female
name) and that he needed a new key. The clerk ...
WITHOUT ASKING FOR ID OR CALLING MY ROOM .. GAVE HIM MY ROOM KEY! At 2
a.m. I was awakened by my door opening (luckily I had put the security
bar
across) with a man's hand trying to figure out how to get the bar
undone. I started yelling at him and told him that I was on the phone
with the police. He shut the door and left. I called down to the lobby
and spoke with the Front Desk - I wanted to alert Security about the
incident. The hotel staff person said and I quote, "Oops, sorry about
that" then hung up.
Well, let's just say that I was both terrified and angry the rest of the
night.
Next morning, I spoke with a Hotel Manager whose eyes almost popped out
of his head when he learned that his clerk had given an unidentified
stranger a key to my room. Am I glad that I am typing this to all of you
with my 2 year old kid on my lap. I don't want to think of what might
have happened if the safety chain/bar had not been secured.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home